Wednesday 17 September 2014

Foot drop , effects of ayurvedic treatments.

I have two blogs,
1.www.medisscussionplus.blogspot.com
2.www.healwithherbs.blogspot.com
But I was compelled to start a third new blog,
When after a few years of ayurvedic practise, I came to notice demonstrable,, I mean objective effects of ayurvedic therapies in some cases, especially , neuro-degenerative diseases and skin diseases.
This would be a sign of relief for like patients world wide, for I give them an extra option, an extra ray of hope !
The blog address is www.shamanayurveda.blogsot.com
This I sure would bring some kind of a palliative effect, by the means of giving them hope, thats what is I meant by the word shamanayurveda, ayurveda for palliation and rehab.

CASE 1 : FOOT DROP.

Foot drop is a gait abnormality in which the dropping of the forefoot happens due to weakness, irritation or damage to the common fibular nerve including the sciatic nerve, or paralysis of the muscles in the anterior portion of the lower leg. It is usually a symptom of a greater problem, not a disease in itself. It is characterized by inability or impaired ability to raise the toes or raise the foot from the ankle (dorsiflexion). Foot drop may be temporary or permanent, depending on the extent of muscle weakness or paralysis and it can occur in one or both feet. In walking, the raised leg is slightly bent at the knee to prevent the foot from dragging along the ground. Foot drop can be caused by nerve damage alone or by muscle or spinal cord trauma, abnormal anatomy, toxins or disease. Diseases that can cause foot drop include stroke, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease), muscular dystrophy, Charcot Marie Tooth disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, hereditary spastic paraplegia and Friedreich's ataxia. It may also occur as a result of hip replacement surgery.


Name of the patient : Mr.Donald
Age : 55
Sex : Male
Occupation : Engine driver

C/O
-foot drop rt ll since 1 month
-numbness over lateral part of rt ll
-no burning sensation
-dragging wjhile walking
-pain while walking
-difficulty to stand all of a sudden due to loss of power
-no bowel/bladder symptoms
-mild back pain

H/O
6 months back lifted cement slab stone got back pain, consulted physician subsided, last month while forward bending got pain, took pain killing injection, on the next day felt abnormality in gait, adviced surgery but managed for one month with conservative treatment.


G/E
Appetite : normal
Urine    : normal
Sleep    : disturbed
Bowel    : normal
BP       : 120/80 mmhg
Pulse    : 72/mt

O/E
Gait                        : difficulty/dragging
Hip & Spine Movt : painful
DTR                       : AJ- absent N
                                 KJ- absent diminished
Ankle Joint Movt  : dorsiflexion of rt foot not possible
AJ power               : flexion 0+/5 extension 5/5
EHL                       : 0+/5 RT FOOT
Power LL               : 4/5

MRI LUMBAR SPINE 16/7/2014
S1 lumbarisation
L4L5 : diffuse disc bulge with postero central focal extra ligamentous disc extrusion causing thecal sac indenatation, neural foramen stenosis

Treatment done for 14 days
Choorna swedam : 13 days
Lepam          : 06 days
Pizhichil      : 06 days
Anuvasana vasti: 05 days
Vaitarana vasti: 02 days
Bandage        : 06 days
Njavara kizhi  : 03 days

Sahacharadi+Dasamoolam ks 15ml 6am/6pm BF
Cap.Nervin                1-1-1 AF
Cap.Vathapy               1-1-1 AF



#have a look at the foot movements before and after the treatments, its astounding !!!



Condition of the patient at the time of discharge :
Ankle power : 3/5.
EHL              : 3/5.
Gait              : foot dragging partially reduced 60 %.
Ankle Movts  : dorsiflexion of right foot possible vigourously.

DISCLAIMER : THIS IS NOT A CLAIM OF ANY SORTS AND IS NOT INTENDED TO DEMERIT OTHER STREAMS OF MEDICINE.

55 comments:

  1. My son 5 years Age has foot drop problem which was created due to Acute compartmental syndrome. I would like contact you for treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have foot drop in left leg from last 5 months. I am taking physiotherapy from last 1 month but no improvement has felt. Kindly give your contact details so I can contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vikas can you call 9951114413?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother too having foot drop,if anyone can help contact me @9910104228

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having foot drop due lumbar spine herniation near L5 and S1 from last 10 days and currently understanding treatment n physiotherapy. I am seeing some improvement but would like to take advice and treatment.
    Appropriate your contact details.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having foot drop due lumbar spine herniation near L5 and S1 from last 10 days and currently understanding treatment n physiotherapy. I am seeing some improvement but would like to take advice and treatment.
    Appropriate your contact details.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dr.Prasanth.K.P.
    My father also having foot drop problem. Kindly share your email or contact number to meet with my father for treatment. Awaiting your reply. Dinesh rdinesh88@gmail.com or 99404 13654.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my son was having spina bifida at birth. done with surgery. the only defect we see after three months is his left foot, his foot was small deformed. external fixators is recommeneded to him. pls advice if there is any treatment in ayurvada

    ReplyDelete
  10. my son was having spina bifida at birth. done with surgery. the only defect we see after three months is his left foot, his foot was small deformed. external fixators is recommeneded to him. pls advice if there is any treatment in ayurvada

    ReplyDelete


  11. The pain may radiate into the arms and hands as well as the legs or feet, and may include paresthesia (tingling with no

    apparent cause), weakness or numbness in the legs and arms. There can be so many symptoms. So we suggest you to take Home Remedies For Back Pain if you

    want better cure. There are no side effects of this remedies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you suggest me a home made bandage(a home remedy) for foot drop of 7year old boy?

    ReplyDelete
  15. sir i have foot droped in lepra 4year any treatment without operation please suggest me mob no-9097471808

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi There I am diagnosed with spinal tumor and it affects my left foot. I want to get treatment, please let me know how to get more infrormation. My email isjignesh.padia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello sir, am suffering footdrop for the right leg due to an accident before 4years . I need treatment and need a response regarding this from you . My mail id :anandurajeev1994@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have foot drop after acl surgery (3 month ago) please help me. Email -chanduktr99@gmail.com
    7631943976

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Information provided in the blog
    Ayurprevencia Clinic , Aundh, Pune emphasis on correcting the physical health as well as mental health of any patient who visit us for their health issues
    Best philosophical yoga therapy in aundh pune


    ReplyDelete
  20. can someone help me with the details of DR.PRASANTH.t..I need the treatment

    ReplyDelete
  21. My email id is: ashutosh.sai@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good afternoon am having foot drop due to l3 l4 disc prolapse and on on physiotherapy for 2 weeks now have seen slight improvement what home remedy can I do to improve it I also have high stoppage gait 2"

    ReplyDelete
  23. sir iam meet your hospital ples hospital name

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, wonderful article thanks to sharing it. If anyone interested to get the best quality Ayurvedic knee pain treatment in Mohali then you need to follow this link. You can visit the official website of Dr. Sharda Medilife Ayurvedic Clinic and get proper details about treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Doctor...i need to send you MRI reports...please share your contact details...i truly believe in Ayurveda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Doctor,
    I am from Gujarat. My father aged 75 , paralysis hemiplegia attack on him on 14 aug 2018. The same time after 4 days pneumonia also attack. critical stage doctor saved life of patient but problem of speech, right hand mold from finger and foot drop still after 4 months. Very good than before while in hospital but unable to walk alone due to foot drop. Father Not taking meal properly i mean 2 roti atleast. only take liquid more like milk,tea. He has also saliva problem too what we do will foot drop clear ? PHYSO comes home daily for exercise. ALL I TELL YOU WAS ABOUT HIS WEAKNESS now i tell one good thing of his that he HAS STRONG WILL POWER. I CAN SAY MORE THAN ME. HE WAIT Ready to walk , he challenging me that One day he will walk and go to temple.

    ReplyDelete
  27. March 2017 i got foot drop after a operation from a accident can i get treatment please

    ReplyDelete
  28. left footdrop not active i am tiruppur help sir

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have suffering from a minor foot drop due to sciatica nerve compression,in easy at walking and hamstring mussels.my contact number is 8074397179

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sir,Did you get any answer from ayurveda center..I hv same problem..

      Delete
  30. Great stuff!very well explained on the physiotherapist treatment on foot drop,its reasons and ayurvedic remedies to get rid off it,its one of the majorayurvedic panchakarma benefits to treat this kind of condition,Thanks for the article!

    ReplyDelete
  31. My father was suffering from foot drop after hip replacement surgery in aug 19 we doing continus stimlator and fisyotherpy doctor say it's parferal neuropathy what can i do plz suggest

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hloo sir I have a foot drop from last 5 years in by both the foot no recovery in my foot, I am diagnosed for disease GBS , gullain barre syndrome, my age is 19 please help me sir , this is my mail I'd please contact me sir please you are my last hope praveshbadolagreat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hii sir mujhay foot drop ka problam mera ek opration hua hai back pain ka ka par problam abhi bhai hai to mujay kay karna chahiay pls help me 9172736176 this is mi number pls send your hospital address pls

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have a foot drop problm i want to walk like normel .where is the clinic if anyone knows the contact number or details or else call me 9600951979

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have foot drop problem in right leg . I had taken treatment of naturopathy from best naturopathy center in pune. This is best care center for any pain,diseases. I got permnanat result.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for sharing this blog with us.
    People who are tight on budget and looking for a professional Sexologist in Punjab for their treatment can contact Dr Sharda Medi Life Ayurveda. They are the best known in this field. For more details, you can visit their site.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. This is really helpful and informative, as this gave me more insight to create more ideas and solutions for my plan. I would love to see more updates from you.
    Ayurveda panchakarma in idukki

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for sharing the great news about ayurvedic treatment. Its very helpful information those people who have already suffer from these above disease. This info gives some ideas or tricks to solve critical issue as well as financial issue also.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great blog, Thanks for sharing such an amazing information with us.
    Orthopedic surgeon in Kalyan

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have foot drop problem past 15 years.please suggest me whether it can be curable .getting more pain.contact us on :9035257091

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sir my is Ramesh from Bengaluru I suffering foot drop two legs pls help me any suchest age 58 years thank you

    ReplyDelete
  43. Food drop problem...my number 8760417407 pls contact sir

    ReplyDelete
  44. My first symptoms of ALS occurred in 2014, but was diagnosed in 2016. I had severe symptoms ranging from shortness of breath, balance problems, couldn't walk without a walker or a power chair, i had difficulty swallowing and fatigue. I was given medications which helped but only for a short burst of time, then I decided to try alternative measures and began on ALS Formula treatment from Tree of Life Health clinic. It has made a tremendous difference for me (Visit w w w. treeoflifeherbalclinic .com ). I had improved walking balance, increased appetite, muscle strength, improved eyesight and others. ]

    ReplyDelete
  45. HI
    Please provide your number for contact

    ReplyDelete